The responsibility of the Customer Support Engineer starts when a product is delivered or installed at the customer: after the installation/delivery, you are the link between CEAD and the customer. The Customer Support team focusses on providing training, supporting customers with the provision of information, keeping relevant documentation up to date (such as a user manual), and solving prooblems encountered by our customers.
The Customer Support Engineer works closely with the other departments within CEAD. Examples are; discussing the maintenance documentation with Production Engineers, or requesting Field Service Engineers to visit a customer at their location for maintenance or repairs. Besides this, there is regular contact with the Automation team, Software team, and the Product Owners to discuss feedback and questions. This way, we are able to provide the needed assistance, and our products are continuously being improved in terms of hardware and software.
As a Customer Support Engineer you become the main contact for our customer, whether they need maintenance or repairs, training for new personnel or help with their designs and products to be able to print them using their CEAD equipment. Therefore the role is not only deep technical, but also very people oriented.
Travelling to a customer is not uncommon: after an installation to provide training, but also to execute preventive or corrective maintenance. Keeping close contact with our existing customers is important. This ensures we receive feedback from the delivered products, but can also lead to the sale of an extra system, upgrades, or spare part packages.
One day can look completely different from the next. Your day-to-day activities partly depend on the questions that come from customers. Flexibility, planning well, and asking for help at the right times are important skills to have.
- Providing technical support on-site and remotely on the CEAD product portfolio;
- Providing training on the various products on-site and remotely;
- Planning and executing preventive and corrective maintenance at customers;
- Creating, maintaining and improving training courses;
- Maintaining existing customer relationships;
- Creating, updating, and improving technical documentation (user manuals, maintenance manuals, etc.);
- Analyzing and processing available data from delivered products with the aim of further improving our documentation and products.
- Technical affinity and background (HBO+)
- Experience with 3D printing and/or CNC milling machines;
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks, Siemens NX, CATIA, etc.);
- Experience with CAM software is a plus (Siemens NX, Mastercam, Sprutcam, etc).
- Experience in a similar position is more than welcome!
- Quality and service orientation is important to you;
- Social, proactive and flexible;
- Proficiency in the English language in word and writing;
- It is no issue for you to travel (ad hoc).
What do we offer?
- Appropriate salary, and good other secondary conditions (CAO M&T)
- A job within a young, successful and growing comany where people work with a lot of passion and enthusiasm.
- A job within an innovative and dynamic organization
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in this profile and are interested, please send your CV and motivation to HR@ceadgroup.com stating the job title.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.